Friday, February 11, 2011

Missing My Friends....Real Hard

Last week, we didn't go back to work until Thursday afternoon.  After two and a half long days in the house, I couldn't wait to get out and do some taxes.  Because we missed work during the week, we filed taxes at the mall on Friday and Saturday, then took Sunday off, so we did not do any ISP last week.  It was a nice break from the all day ISPs we have been doing.  This week has been busier, with cancellations from last weeks bad weather rescheduling and walking in, however, it still was not a full week.  We had another snow day on Wednesday.  Luckily this weather only lasted for the day and we have been able to go back to work.  As far as work goes, there isn't anything too exciting to tell.  So far, we have gotten people over 1 million dollars in refunds and sold quite a few savings bonds.  It is rewarding to see the reactions of the people who don't expect to get very much of a refund at all and they end up with over a thousand dollar refund.

Socially, I am missing my Converse friends, Chris, and all my other friends in my unit REAL HARD.  We have three weeks left, and I don't know if I am going to make it.  It is difficult not to compare my teammates with my friends and have most of my teammates come up short.  I have been frequently reminding myself what a great experience this is and that I will be prepared for any work place situation after our living arrangements in AmeriCorps.  Luckily, I am going to a wedding with Chris in two more weeks, so it will be a welcomed break for a weekend.  I am not looking forward to more snow, but a small sacrifice to spend time with him and away from AmeriLife for a little while. 

We found out our options for projects two nights ago, so I have been scheming like crazy with Steve, Pat, and Claire to get on the same teams for next round.  Seems like the most logical thing considering all of the projects except are trail building except 1 and camping except 2.  I would sleep on the dirt, no tent, no blanket to be able to be with some of my other friends next round.  I ranked my projects, and my top two choices are for camping and back country hiking and camping in Texas.  A lot of people were saying they wanted to be in a different state, but I figured Texas is huge and I won't even be able to tell I'm in the same state I was for this round.  We should know by the middle of next week where we will be going, so I will keep you all posted.

Sorry this is so brief, just nothing new really going on and not much to say.  Maybe on Valentine's Day I will make a tribute to my friends and our tradition of a Black Out and let y'all know what I got for this Hallmark Holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment